Thursday, November 13, 2014

I'm Waiting

"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. 
Though it terries, wait for it, for it will certainly come, it will not delay."
- Habakkuk 2:3 / NASV

I think that the hardest part about fulfilling our calling in God is not the hard work or the obstacles we have to face, it is without a doubt the waiting.  We know what God has called us to do; we have done all we can to prepare ourselves for the task ahead; we are ready and willing.  However, we seem to be on hold.  We seek other things we might have to do to get things going, but all we seem to get is an inner voice that says, "Your call is important to us.  Please hold and your call will be taken in the order it was received."

                Take heart, God is not putting you on hold because He is busy or there are others before you.  You have been prepared not just for a particular work, but also for a particular time.  If you know that God has called you to do something, you need never doubt it.  Be confident and ready at all times.  The thing to remember is that the time is as important as the preparation for the work.

                We may be biting at the bit to get going and fulfill our life's work, but God is never in a rush.  He had this whole thing planned our long ago and will never waste a moment of your or His time.  Keep making yourself ready and become the very best you can be.  When the time is right God will open the doors and you will be off.  You will then understand that His timing is always perfect.

                Always remember that you matter to the world.  God placed you here to make a difference and that difference is good.  You possess the qualities of a real success-minded person, which are to: Be your best.  Love God.  Have good manners. Discover the unknown.  Change the world.


John Patrick Hickey is an author, speaker, and Life Coach. To read more from John Patrick Hickey or to get his books, training and book him to speak to your church, business or group, visit our website at http://www.growthcenter.net or www.johnpatrickhickey.com.   © 2014 John Patrick Hickey

2 comments:

  1. This is good stuff, Jack. My husband, Joe, just pretty much said the same thing to me last night about my coaching business. Neither of us doubts that I am called to write and coach but I'm trying to do it in my time and God wants me to do it in His. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your timing with this post is impeccable. I prayed over my start-up coaching business last night and it was as if He said to me --- I am on an island and I need to reach out to others that at rowing their shiny new boats to the same shore. I also need to remember patience. A few minutes later I walked to my desk and took notes and took several new actions this morning. God is so good! Thank you for this great reminder.

    ReplyDelete